Read: I am ashamed to admit that I barely read this month. Hopefully next month will be better. Thankfully the one book I did read was pretty good.
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Adichie – This book was amazing. I have always had baggage with the word Feminism. I grew up in a really legalistic church setting. Women did not have that much of a voice. We weren’t a lot of to be Bible teachers or Pastors. Feminism to me was always ladies who were yelling at guys who held doors open for them. They never shave their arm pits or legs. This book showed me that women are being secretly oppressed in America and openly oppressed in other countries. Women have come to see this oppression as normal. Although this wasn’t necessarily a Christian read I would highly recommend it. It shows us that women and men are equal. It shows that we need to speak up. It points out how women are not being treated fairly in ways I have not even recognized before.
My friend and I barely got to work out this much. I also gained weight this month which is a bummer. I am ready to start losing weight. It is so difficult to get on track.
similarminds.com – I love personality tests and I think this website is more accurate than others.
Shrek the Musical (3/5)- This had some cheesy childish humor in it but I got a good laugh.
pitch perfect (2/5) – It had some cute scenes. But overall it bored me. I don’t get what the fuss is about.
Bachelor in Paradise (3/5)- I am ashamed that I liked this show.
- Disney world- Epcot
- Rainbow River
Most relatable for this season of my life – A letter to the one who is failing
- What is a good lipstick for women with thin lips?
- What are some great mission trips around the world to go where I could work with children?
- What is your favorite exotic pet?
- What is the best place you have ever traveled?
- What are some good hair products that will help with volume?
- What are some great photo editing websites? (that are free)
Interesting things that happened in August:
- I did two things on my bucket list.
- I turned 24 on August the 16th.
Beautify Me: I bought some beauty products this month. However, I don’t really like them.
- Instagram- Hot Dudes Reading = It seems like I am behind the times because everyone is apparently loving this account. I guess I have an excuse because I just got an Instagram again. I must says if you read that definitely makes you way more attractive. Sadly not all girls feel this. Oh well… more hot guys reading that I can have all to myself. 😉