“I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know.”
— Tove Jansson
What I Am Loving:
- Best Subscription Boxes For Women – I am so excited to try some of these subscription boxes. I am part of a face book group and the women encouraged me to try it because they say that certain ones are worth the price.
Post’s I Adored:
- How to Add Character to your Home
- Celebrate the Two Steps
- The Woman in the Bible Who Gets The Worst Rap
- When You’re Full of Doubt, This Is What You Need To Know
Unremarried Widow by Henderson (5/5) – This was a great book about the death of her husband, how it mirrored her own father’s death, and the grieving process. The ending felt unfinished but otherwise great story.
I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness (4/5) – What wonderful insights on racial inequality and somethings we can do about it.
Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity by Lauren Winner (2/5) – I love most of Lauren Winner’s books but this one did not impress me at all. The only thing I really got out of this book is the difference between celibacy and chastity.
Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life by Tish Warren (1/5) – I was less than impressed by this book. It was suppose to show how we can commune with God even doing the most tedious task. I didn’t learn anything.
Made Me Laugh:
- Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset – by Luke Bryan – I am not really a fan of a lot of modern day country music. However, I loved this song and video by Luke Bryan. It reminds me of sunny days here in Florida. I live in Florida and we spend a lot of our weekends boating and jet sking.
- I Feel Pretty (4/5) – This movie is about a girl who feels fat and ugly. One day she hits her head at the gym and then all of a sudden feels pretty and confident. She thinks she looks difference but by the end of the movie she realized her looks didn’t change at all. That is when she totally accepts herself as she is.
- Kissed by God (4/5)- This is a documentary about a famous surfer who had bipolar disorder. He ended up overdosing accidentally and had a heart attack and died.
- I went to Tampa, Florida this month. We went an explored down town ybor ( forgot to take a single picture). I also was obsessed with with beautiful pool on the 3rd floor of the hotel. It was was made of salt water which is way better for your eyes to see in unlike chlorine water which hurts.
- I turned 27 this month.
What I am Loving:
- Angry Orchard Rose – I have always liked hard cider. The Rose one is way better.
Blown Off: – These are stories about people that went on a date and then never heard back from them again. The radio hosts calls the people who are ghosting them to find out why.