“I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know.”
— Tove Jansson
What I Am Loving:
- Best Subscription Boxes For Women – I am so excited to try some of these subscription boxes. I am part of a face book group and the women encouraged me to try it because they say that certain ones are worth the price.
Post’s I Adored:
Unremarried Widow by Henderson (5/5) – This was a great book about the death of her husband, how it mirrored her own father’s death, and the grieving process. The ending felt unfinished but otherwise great story.
I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness (4/5) – What wonderful insights on racial inequality and somethings we can do about it.
Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity by Lauren Winner (2/5) – I love most of Lauren Winner’s books but this one did not impress me at all. The only thing I really got out of this book is the difference between celibacy and chastity.
Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life by Tish Warren (1/5) – I was less than impressed by this book. It was suppose to show how we can commune with God even doing the most tedious task. I didn’t learn anything.
Made Me Laugh:
- Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset – by Luke Bryan – I am not really a fan of a lot of modern day country music. However, I loved this song and video by Luke Bryan. It reminds me of sunny days here in Florida. I live in Florida and we spend a lot of our weekends boating and jet sking.
- I Feel Pretty (4/5) – This movie is about a girl who feels fat and ugly. One day she hits her head at the gym and then all of a sudden feels pretty and confident. She thinks she looks difference but by the end of the movie she realized her looks didn’t change at all. That is when she totally accepts herself as she is.
- Kissed by God (4/5)- This is a documentary about a famous surfer who had bipolar disorder. He ended up overdosing accidentally and had a heart attack and died.
- I went to Tampa, Florida this month. We went an explored down town ybor ( forgot to take a single picture). I also was obsessed with with beautiful pool on the 3rd floor of the hotel. It was was made of salt water which is way better for your eyes to see in unlike chlorine water which hurts.
What I am Loving:
- Angry Orchard Rose – I have always liked hard cider. The Rose one is way better.
Blown Off: – These are stories about people that went on a date and then never heard back from them again. The radio hosts calls the people who are ghosting them to find out why.
Plan B by Pete Wilson (4/5) – What a wonderful book that encourages to live with out bitter with the way our life turned out. We need to embrace the life we already got. We need to trust God fully and realize He understands our suffering.
Whole: Restoring What Is Broken in Me, You, and the Entire World (1/5) – I wasn’t really impressed with this book. I didn’t really gain any new insights.
Come Matter Here: Your Invitation to Be Here in a Getting There World by HB (5/5)-This gem of a book was about God, Church, Moving to Atlanta and discovering how to occupy and love the space she is in. I would highly recommend it.
Posts I Loved:
Makes Me Laugh:
1. Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People by Bob Goff (5/5) – This book is just what I need. It is about Loving our enemies. I think this is probably the hardest thing to do but Bob Goff shows us how he is done agreeing with Jesus and actually do what he says. He learns to actively love people who are mean and bad ( including witch doctors). He teaches us we should follow what Jesus commands and actually did and engage in with people we would normally hate and avoid.
2. Still Waiting: Hope for When God Doesn’t Give You What You Want (5/5) – This is a story about a life long struggle the author had. She shares the story of the bleeding woman who had bled for 12 years until she had faith so she touched Jesus and was restored. The author lets us know that we may not be healed of our particular pains in this life but one day we will encounter God and be respond. She puts a strong emphasis that we need to have our Hope SOLEY on Christ.
3. Embracing the Body: Finding God in Our Flesh and Bone (5/5) – This book is about how we can connect our physical body with God. After all HE gave our bodies to us. This is such a unique perspective that I have never read before. It open my eyes to new ways to connect with God.
4. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World (3/5) –This book shows us different ways we can pray to God. It gave me so new ideas ( ex: how to make a prayer card).
Made Me Laugh:
Pizza Ideal Shake – Ideal shape is a weight loss shake that comes in different flavors. For april fools they pretended to have added a pizza shake to their list.
Work Out and Jesus – a silly video for those who love jesus, silly people, and working out.
Around The Web:
1. Theme Park and Autism Center
Pb2 – I just discovered it and it is so amazing. It taste like peanut butter but it has a way less calories.
Veggie Made Zucchini Lentil Pasta Original – This pasta is made from vegetables and contains no artificial ingredients. I don’t like veggies but this is extremely delicious.
Dangerous Territory: My Misguided Quest to Save the World by Amy Peterson (3/5): This book talks about Peterson’s experiences as a full time missionary ( the good and the bad). After being a missionary she has a different view on missions and discusses that in this book.
What Falls From The Sky by Emery (3/5) – This book was about this authors journey through a year without internet. It was kind of repetitive at times so I didn’t always enjoy reading it.
Posts I Adored:
- Brown Script Mac Eyeshadow- A beautiful brown with a red undertone.
- Amber lights Mac Eyeshadow- a yellowish/gold shimmery eyeshadow that I adore.
Wonder (5/5) – This movie was about a kid who looked different. He got made fun of alot. He had to overcome that.
In My Ears:
- Marry Me by Thomas Rhett – This is an unrequited love song. It is so beautiful. It has been on repeat.
- I Learned it From a Three Year Old- as a person who works with toddlers I couldn’t help but fall in love this song.
- Getaway Car by Taylor Swift– I mean it has a catchy tune therefore I love
This book was so intriguing. This book brings up topics that I have never heard discussed in church before. It really exposed me to new ideas. It discusses purity culture and how it can negatively effect our lives. It talks about how to deal with the pain of singleness. It teaches how to TRULEY be content in singleness. It emphasizes the idea of Biblical womanhood apart from marriage. As a single person it made me feel less alone in the Body of Christ.
I had a horrible ending to my day at work today. I came home extremely enraged about a situation that happened to me at work. I was so mad at some of my coworkers. After I calmed down I started to ponder about how I could be so mad when I had spent time with God earlier in the day by doing a Bible Study by myself. After LONG contemplation I came to the conclusion that I was so enraged because I did not bring God into every moment of my day. Although it is great to set apart time with God in order for a heart/soul change we need to walk with Him in every moment of the day.
Posts I adored:
One by One: Welcoming the singles in your church by Gina (3/5) : This book tells you how singles feel isolated in the church that is so often geared to married people. Even though it is very straight forward the author is not trying to accuse or blame married people for all the church problems regarding singles. It just shows that singles have been isolated and rejected in the church. If you love singles or are single I recommend it.
Party of One: Truth, Longing, and the Subtle Art of Singleness by Joy Smith (4/5 ) : This book was so intriguing. This book brings up topics that I have never heard discussed in church before. It really exposed me to new ideas. It discusses purity culture and how it can negatively effect our lives. It talks about how to deal with the pain of singleness. It teaches how to TRULEY be content in singleness. It emphasizes the idea of Biblical womanhood apart from marriage. As a single person it made me feel less alone in the Body of Christ.
Annabelle’s Creation (4/5) – An evil spirit gets out and messes with orphan girls. This was definitely a very captivating scary movie.
When Sparks Fly (3/5) – A girls bff and her ex boy friend get engaged. She is asked to be the maid of honor. She agrees but then realizes she is still in love with her ex. I absolutely adored this cheesy hallmark chick flick.
- wherefor.com – helps you book a vacation on a budget.
Products I Love:
- Homesick Candles– They have candles based on each of the 50 States in America. They also have candles based upon memories. I got the summer camp candle for Christmas because I miss the my childhood days of going to summer camp. These smell so good.