Around the Web:
- How Do You Grieve a Friendship When You Never Wanted to Let It Die?
- Being rejected is most likely a good thing.
- Making the most out of a bad situation
- Another way to build community at church
- Sometimes we need to choose the uncomfortable
- Never the Bride
- Modern Day Parables
Around the Town:
- We got Free drinks and I got to wear my first Halloween costume. Surprisingly most people didn’t know who I was. I can’t believe most people have only watched mean girls like once.
2. I went to a SCREAM carnival for Halloween.
3. I went to the Southern Women’s Show and 95 percent of it had nothing to do with southern women but it was fun.
What I’ve been reading:
I Am a Church Member by Rainer – I loved this book. I always complain about church. I do everything this book says it is wrong to do. I never think of the Church as a gift to us. We are to serve God and others. God speaks a lot about the local church. I also learned we need to pray for our pastors. The enemy is out to get them. We need to pray for their protection. This book has a lot of wisdom and it sure does remind me that I can be very selfish. The church can change starting with me. The church is not about my needs being met it is about preaching the Gospel to others
OutofSortsBook by Sarah Bessey – I LOVED this book. Sarah lets us know we do NOT have our faith figured out. It is okay if we are wrong about God because even the people in the Bible were often wrong about God. It is important to be known as the ones who love. If you are having difficulties with your faith this is the perfect book for you. Sarah wants you so badly to fall in love with Jesus again. God is the same God throughout the New and Old testament. Jesus just gives us a new perspective. This is what Sarah Bessey writes. We need all denominations and all different views of different scriptures in the Bible. She encourages us to forgive people who have used Scripture to abuse us. I know I needed that. I love the way Sarah follows and loves Jesus. We all stumble throughout our faith journey. Give people grace. Give yourself grace. Love God, Love others, and Love yourself. P.S. She is the best prayer. Read her prayer at the end.
What I’ve been watching:
Television– Once Upon a Time, Are you the One, and Nine lives of Chloe King.
- The Kingsmen (2/5) – it was full of action and some of it was cute and funny. But it is not my cup of tea.
- Tomorrow Land (3/5)- I love disney. So the movie was cute. However, it was really confusing.
Kat Von D lipstick: Lolita
I have tried some healthy recipes this month. I have been over eating because of emotional issues. I didn’t work out this month. I didn’t go the gym.
I tried going back to Church this month ( meaning one time). My last experience at this church was good. It took every effort for me to go since I am going through a lot and my Church baggage doesn’t help. It is a little to evangelical for me. It is pretty big church. Plus there are tons of lights and tons of stories. I heard just a little more than I wanted about getting Plugged in. They put in the college group and I am out of college now. They don’t seem to know what to do the singles.The Worship was a little to much for someone who has been burnt by the church one time to many. However, I can’t escape the evangelical church. I love somethings and other things bother me. I am at lost to do. Next sunday I don’t know if I will go back to Church and I am oddly okay with that… for now.
Other Things I’ve Been Into:
- Group Therapy
- Over Eaters Anonymous
- Key Chain Bibles – these are such a cute little gift. It always helps remind you of God wherever you go. I wish I could find more of these for cheap. If anyone knows let me know
4. I got my make up professionally done.