Daring to Hope: Finding God’s Goodness in the Broken and the Beautiful by Katie Davis (5/5) – This is a wonderful book about a full time missionary in Uganda. She shares a lot of tragedies she has walked through in life. There have been a lot of deaths in her life and yet she still has hope.
https://www.churchclarity.org – This website tells you which churches are non affirming and affirming for the LGBT community and for allowing women to be in ministry. The only downside to this website the churches aren’t categorized by state.
- Party for One by Carly Rae Jepsen
- I dyed my hair for the first time in my life at age 27.
- We Adopted a Rescued Greyhound Racer Named Monica. She is sweet, huggable, but skittish because she was used to living in her kennel all night.
I notice Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature. -Friedrich Nietzsche
I actually am ashamed to say I didn’t finish any books this month. Let’s hope november will be better.
- Head Above Water by Avril Lavigne (5/5) – She usually sings secular music but this song points to God. It is about her journey through lyme disease. I think this song can help all of us in our times of struggle.
- Little Italy (5/5) – This is a super cute chick flick about two adult children falling in love. They are from two different families who are in rivalry against each other.
- I went to the She found joy tour. It was about living a courageous faith. This is What I Learned.
I got a coupon so even though I didn’t care for the first box I ordered again. I LOVED second box.
- Violet Harper Silver Knot Bangle (5/5) – I don’t think it is worth 78 dollars but it super cute so I am definitely going to wear it.
- Jules Kae Copper Pouch (4/5) – I don’t think the product is worth what it cost (65 dollars). However, it is a pretty color and I will use it when I need another make up bag.
- Nelson J Moisturize Healing Mask (4/5) – Even though I am not 100 percent if it is working yet. I have high hopes for this product.
- Seraphine Botanicals Apple + Mint Lip Polish (5/5) – This is meant to get all the dry skin off your lips. I love it because it makes my lips so smooth. I think it is a lot better than chap stick.
- PreHeels – This product is spray is supposed to keep your heels from rubbing with any shoe.
- Byrd’s Toasted Pumpkin Cookies (1/5) – I didn’t like last months snack and I don’t like this months snack. It was VERY disgusting.
- NCLA Compact Mirror (1/5) – I never can see my whole face in compact mirrors so I don’t really see a use for them.
On My Blog:
The phrase “Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin” gives me all the feels. It brings me back to evangelical world during my teen years.
1.Have you ever used this phrase with others? What was the outcome?
Yes, I have used the phrase with others. Honestly, I became more bitter and hateful towards people. I couldn’t seem to separate the sin from the sinner.
2. How would you define “sin” today? How did you define it earlier in your life?
If I remember correctly my former christian counselor described sin as a misguided intention. This softened my heart. This didn’t cause me to condone sin. But this definition helped me not to be so harsh toward others who sinned.
3. Is it possible to love a person and hate their sin?
I think it is possible to be deeply saddened by the choices of the world. You still lift people up in prayer and have compassion on them.
Credit: All of these things I learned came from the speakers at the She Found Joy Conference. None of these words are my own.
- We need to acknowledge that we see fear but we are going to trust God instead.
- The fourth watch of the night the Bible is referring to is between 3:00 am and 6:00 am.
- A faltering ( when you doubt Jesus) in your faith does not mean you are a failure.
- Courage has little to do with earthly bravery and everything to do with heavenly focus.
- Jesus IS good but NOT safe.
- Singles Swag (3/5) – I finally got my box. I am not sure I would become a monthly subscriber. I feel the products are very low quality for the price. However, I did love one product. I will review it below.
- Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Aqua Balm. I will definitely order that specific product again in the future. It makes your face feel very refreshed.
- FabFitFun (5/5) – I LOVED this box. I was so shocked when I saw how HUGE the box was on my door step. There were several FULL SIZED products that I adored and will use. I will list my favorite products from the box below.
- Skin & Co Roma Blue in Capri Shower Gel -The scent is an herbal and pine blend. This smell was very distinct and strong but I liked it.
2. Vince Camuto Luck Tote – I ordered Fab Fit Fun box just so I would get this tote. I adore leather, fall, and the colors brown plus black together so this was a must purchase item for me.
3. ALFRED Ceramic and Stainless Steel Teapot – I am a wannabe tea drinker. I like the idea of having a glass of hot tea but I rarely ever do. I need to start. This teapot is also super cute.
4. Catherine Malandrino Umbrella – This umbrella is super sturdy, trendy, and cute. It is a must have and I am so glad it came inside my box.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Jett Slide – I had bought one pair of MK sandals and they are now worn out. I bought these recently and they are SUPER cute and comfy.
What I am Loving:
- Bible Study Quiz Book – This quiz will lead you in the direction of a Bible Study that will personally benefit you.
- The Eternal Current: How a Practice-Based Faith Can Save Us from Drowning by Aaron Niequist (2/5) – This was a very confusing book. I didn’t grasp the concept at at all.
- Fat and Faithful by Nicole Morgan (5/5) – Read my review here: Fat and Faithful Review
Quote of the Month:
Jesus protected women.
Honored women publicly.
Released the voice of women.
Confided in women.
Was funded by women.
Learned from women.
And spoke of women as examples to follow.
- Rosé Exfoliating Sugar Cubes by Francesca’s – I got an email from Francesca’s to come pick out a free gift. The first thing I saw and smelled was the Rosé Exfoliating Sugar Cubes and I fell in love. It makes my skin feel super soft. The only down side it kinda makes my skin itchy. But you can’t really regret a FREE gift.
My Review – 5 Stars
This book is about a girl who is overweight and believes that she can love and serve the Lord being overweight. She wants to prove to the church that you don’t have to shame fat people. She gave me a different perspective on certain Bible verses. Although unlike the author I think eating healthy and exercising is an important way to take care of your body. At the same time when we call ourselves ugly and beat ourselves up that is not a healthy concept. She is truly teaching me to love and accept myself. I just respect this author so much and want to be her BFF.
I was in either High School or College when I heard the phrase Let Go, Let God. It stung my heart to hear that since I couldn’t let go of my depression, anxiety, or problems that meant I didn’t trust God enough. Over the years I have learned to accept that I can still trust God THROUGH my depression, anxiety, and problems. Those things do not need to be absent in order to still have faith. I quote this next verse I am going to put on here often. 2 Timothy 2:13 says, “If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.” Even if we are faithless God is still faithful because He is a faithful God. He also is a God of understanding. Hebrews 4:15 says, “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are–yet he did not sin.”