Plan B by Pete Wilson (4/5) – What a wonderful book that encourages to live with out bitter with the way our life turned out. We need to embrace the life we already got. We need to trust God fully and realize He understands our suffering.
Whole: Restoring What Is Broken in Me, You, and the Entire World (1/5) – I wasn’t really impressed with this book. I didn’t really gain any new insights.
Come Matter Here: Your Invitation to Be Here in a Getting There World by HB (5/5)-This gem of a book was about God, Church, Moving to Atlanta and discovering how to occupy and love the space she is in. I would highly recommend it.
Posts I Loved:
Makes Me Laugh:
1. Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People by Bob Goff (5/5) – This book is just what I need. It is about Loving our enemies. I think this is probably the hardest thing to do but Bob Goff shows us how he is done agreeing with Jesus and actually do what he says. He learns to actively love people who are mean and bad ( including witch doctors). He teaches us we should follow what Jesus commands and actually did and engage in with people we would normally hate and avoid.
2. Still Waiting: Hope for When God Doesn’t Give You What You Want (5/5) – This is a story about a life long struggle the author had. She shares the story of the bleeding woman who had bled for 12 years until she had faith so she touched Jesus and was restored. The author lets us know that we may not be healed of our particular pains in this life but one day we will encounter God and be respond. She puts a strong emphasis that we need to have our Hope SOLEY on Christ.
3. Embracing the Body: Finding God in Our Flesh and Bone (5/5) – This book is about how we can connect our physical body with God. After all HE gave our bodies to us. This is such a unique perspective that I have never read before. It open my eyes to new ways to connect with God.
4. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World (3/5) –This book shows us different ways we can pray to God. It gave me so new ideas ( ex: how to make a prayer card).
Made Me Laugh:
Pizza Ideal Shake – Ideal shape is a weight loss shake that comes in different flavors. For april fools they pretended to have added a pizza shake to their list.
Work Out and Jesus – a silly video for those who love jesus, silly people, and working out.
Around The Web:
1. Theme Park and Autism Center
Pb2 – I just discovered it and it is so amazing. It taste like peanut butter but it has a way less calories.
Veggie Made Zucchini Lentil Pasta Original – This pasta is made from vegetables and contains no artificial ingredients. I don’t like veggies but this is extremely delicious.
Dangerous Territory: My Misguided Quest to Save the World by Amy Peterson (3/5): This book talks about Peterson’s experiences as a full time missionary ( the good and the bad). After being a missionary she has a different view on missions and discusses that in this book.
What Falls From The Sky by Emery (3/5) – This book was about this authors journey through a year without internet. It was kind of repetitive at times so I didn’t always enjoy reading it.
Posts I Adored:
- Brown Script Mac Eyeshadow- A beautiful brown with a red undertone.
- Amber lights Mac Eyeshadow- a yellowish/gold shimmery eyeshadow that I adore.
Wonder (5/5) – This movie was about a kid who looked different. He got made fun of alot. He had to overcome that.
In My Ears:
- Marry Me by Thomas Rhett – This is an unrequited love song. It is so beautiful. It has been on repeat.
- I Learned it From a Three Year Old- as a person who works with toddlers I couldn’t help but fall in love this song.
- Getaway Car by Taylor Swift– I mean it has a catchy tune therefore I love
This book was so intriguing. This book brings up topics that I have never heard discussed in church before. It really exposed me to new ideas. It discusses purity culture and how it can negatively effect our lives. It talks about how to deal with the pain of singleness. It teaches how to TRULEY be content in singleness. It emphasizes the idea of Biblical womanhood apart from marriage. As a single person it made me feel less alone in the Body of Christ.
I had a horrible ending to my day at work today. I came home extremely enraged about a situation that happened to me at work. I was so mad at some of my coworkers. After I calmed down I started to ponder about how I could be so mad when I had spent time with God earlier in the day by doing a Bible Study by myself. After LONG contemplation I came to the conclusion that I was so enraged because I did not bring God into every moment of my day. Although it is great to set apart time with God in order for a heart/soul change we need to walk with Him in every moment of the day.
Posts I adored:
One by One: Welcoming the singles in your church by Gina (3/5) : This book tells you how singles feel isolated in the church that is so often geared to married people. Even though it is very straight forward the author is not trying to accuse or blame married people for all the church problems regarding singles. It just shows that singles have been isolated and rejected in the church. If you love singles or are single I recommend it.
Party of One: Truth, Longing, and the Subtle Art of Singleness by Joy Smith (4/5 ) : This book was so intriguing. This book brings up topics that I have never heard discussed in church before. It really exposed me to new ideas. It discusses purity culture and how it can negatively effect our lives. It talks about how to deal with the pain of singleness. It teaches how to TRULEY be content in singleness. It emphasizes the idea of Biblical womanhood apart from marriage. As a single person it made me feel less alone in the Body of Christ.
Annabelle’s Creation (4/5) – An evil spirit gets out and messes with orphan girls. This was definitely a very captivating scary movie.
When Sparks Fly (3/5) – A girls bff and her ex boy friend get engaged. She is asked to be the maid of honor. She agrees but then realizes she is still in love with her ex. I absolutely adored this cheesy hallmark chick flick.
- wherefor.com – helps you book a vacation on a budget.
Products I Love:
- Homesick Candles– They have candles based on each of the 50 States in America. They also have candles based upon memories. I got the summer camp candle for Christmas because I miss the my childhood days of going to summer camp. These smell so good.
During the holidays this year I have heard tons of bad news. I know two people whose family members committed suicide. I have friends who have family members in nursing homes and the hospital. And so as I sit here on New Years Eve I am reflecting on just how hard it can be during the holidays. And one thing this opened my eyes to is how it seems to be wrong to grieve during the holidays. We tell everyone to have a happy holiday. The problem with that is we EXPECT them too. People are not allowed to be sad during the holidays. I think we need to pay more attention to the people around us. We need to have conversations and discuss with people about how they are really doing. Most importantly tell them about Jesus. Tell them how His name is Immanuel which means ‘God With Us’. And don’t forget to tell other your story and about your struggles during the holidays.